View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angerfizz

re: The paladin tank issue

Hello fellow plate-healers. :P

We've had a few discussions regarding paladin tanks both in guild-chat and ventrilo so I tought we could keep it up here where it's easy to follow up on what's been said and also allow some more time for thinking about previous posts in the subject.

Let me first of all talk of my experiences being protection:

I rolled paladin as my second character of WoW. I struggled 35 levels without even knowing about talents and stuff I think I just clicked in the holy tree since that was the first to show when I pressed the talent-button.

Then I read a guide (will link to that later) about paladins being able to face sick amounts of enemies at once and still make it. As I was having trouble facing 2 of my level at once, this sounded very appealing to me so I decided to respecc for the first time of my life.

At this time I didn't really know what a "tank" was or what a tank was supposed to do. I knew nothing about raiding, nothing about threat and nothing about the other classes except for a little something about mages thanks to Drakfjall.

So I respecced and started gathering gear for this new thing. What you needed for making this "trick" work out was:

- Retribution Aura
- Blessing of Sanctuary
- Holy Shield
- Improved Righteous Fury
- Recknoning
- Redoubt
- Shield Spike on your shield
- Seal of Light

Encountering a group of mobs was done like this

Prep: Cast retribution aura, Blessing of Sanctuary, Improved Righteous Fury
1. Gather the mobs my hitting one and gaining aggro from a lot of others by running around.
2. Back down and have all your mobs in front of you.
3. Cast Seal of Light and Judge the first mob, cast another Seal of light
4. Spam Holy Shield to improve blocking.
5. Repeat point 3 as one mob dies.

Recknoning would proc almost 100% if you had a good number of mobs. And redoubt procs as you sucessfully blocks so that was a 100% on that too since you spammed Holy Shield.
The spike gave you another attack and retribution aura also helped you maintain the threat and aggro on every mob you faced. A concencration every now and then also helped maintaining the aggro and did a good amount of damage.
Seal of Light proced so frequent it was like having 2 shadowpriests do their vampiric embrace thing and due to Reckoning (hitting twice instead of once) you would have NO issue keeping your health up.

At that time I, as I said, knew nothing of tanking... I just knew that Drak got all the mobs on him for some reason. The guide I read said that wouldn't happen using this method.

That guide couldn't be located so here's another one with the same info basically:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=296570934&sid=1

A copper for your toughts on this, guys? It does allow some nasty shit to be honest. :D

hmm i always wanted toplay a pally tank but never meeted 1 to speak of the pros and cons .. so maybe i make 1 ;)
Vorda
Web Master

Guys, i think pallies can be awesome tanks from what i've heard...

Check out this link, it's a great tank article, and it's primary focus is on palladins

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    WindsOfChange Forum Index -> Paladins All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: